Welcome, Guest
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: PMP passed in 3 moths

PMP passed in 3 moths 5 months 1 week ago #7684

• Luca dello Ioio
Hi everybody !

I'll be frank with you all : I bought pm-prepcast only because I need those PDU's and I searched for the cheapest way to have them!
I planned to study the PMBOK guide and never listen to those lessons.
I also bought the exam simulator because several years ago I passed a CISCO certification and I remember that training with a simulator is a key to success in a multiple choice test.
I didn't use any other book.
Then I just listen few lessons for curiosity and I got a brilliant idea (you must also know that I'm a lazy guy): I can pass the exam without read all the PMBOK guide!
I spent about 2 month listening the lessons (at speed of 1.5x) for 2/3 hours per day.
I would appreciate more sample question at the end of each lesson!
Then I started to training with simulator for a couple of weeks. That's the hard part. At least for 6 hours per day :(
For each wrong answer (or even for the correct answers where I didn't feel comfortable) I checked the PMBOK guide (I confess) and/or re-listen the appropriate lesson.
Voilà!
The exam was tough, really! Questions was so different compared with simulator. I didn't got any question regarding inputs, outputs or T&T of given process for instance.
I used all the 4 hours and when the time expired I was pretty sure I didn't pass it.
But, you know, sometime the life positively surprise you :P
It was June the 21 and in Paris (France, not Texas) there is "La fête de la musique" so I spent all the night drinking with friends (I guess you know what I'm talking about).
Few days later I wanted to listen the lesson 99, the goodbye lesson, but my account was expired!
Cornelius, what are you saying in that lesson? Tell me please!

PMP passed in 3 moths 5 months 6 days ago #7686

• Kimberly Bortz
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Congratulations Luca on passing the PMP!
MBA, PMP, ACP, CSM
IT Project Manager
Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda Mabutas, Mary Kathrine Padua

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®