Welcome, Guest
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the PMI Exams.

TOPIC: Passed on 05-Jan (second exam)

Passed on 05-Jan (second exam) 7 months 1 week ago #7122

• Janine Theele
I've passed the exam on 05-Jan (before the updated Standard) after surprisingly failing the first try in Dec-15.
The preparation took 4 months in total around 2-3 hours per day during the week after work - so my Weekends have been free.
I really loved the Podcasts from PMPrepCast and had an intensive time with Cornelius. He is very entertaining and makes learning so easy. Somehow he got a part of my live for a while as we spent lots of time together ;). The PMBoK itself is not really suitable as a study book; it is more like a dictionary. With the help of the Podcasts it was easier to get into it. I really appreciated the experiences with Cornelius.
My advise is to start as early as possible with the test exams. And i really needed to learn to sit in front of the Computer and staying focused for 4 hours as I have finished my studies some years ago ;).
Somehow I was really surprised failing the first try and cannot explain it. And I have also no idea how I passed the exam the second time with "proficient" marks. This "multiple choice" testing method is hard to understand but that's how it is.
Good luck to everybody and you will get it :).
Moderators: Yolanda Mabutas, Mary Kathrine Padua