fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP exam first try 15 April

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP exam first try 15 April

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 11 months ago #17092

Emily Rivera, PMP

Congrats on passing, Dan! And thanks for sharing your tips!
4 years 11 months ago #17090

Daniel Magnotta

Thank you PM PREPCAST!

I had the idea back in January to take the PMP exam. I am in a deployed environment so when I found out that PM PREPCAST allowed me to get my 35 contact hours at my own pace, I signed up.
I completed the course in about 3-4 weeks. I read numerous forums posts on how to apply to PMI and knocked it out.
The forums and lessons learned posts really provided me with multiple options on how to study and boosted my confidence.
I ordered the book "Pass the PMP 1st try". I read through that in about 10-14 days and felt pretty good. I went through the glossary of terms, which helped too.
Next I started using the exam simulator. I attempted 30-50 questions a day and every Sunday Morning I took a full exam.
About the 3 week and reading the Lessons Learned, I figured out to read the questions and determine what process group / process I was in.
This allowed me to cross out two answers. I memorized the 49 processes and process group and that helped me a lot.
The day of the exam it took me just over 3 hours. I didn't brain dump anything or really memorize any equations. Just took the test.
The exam simulator was harder than the actual exam. The highest I got on the simulator was a 77%. And I took 6 practice exams.
On the real exam my overall score was above target. I scored above target in initiation, monitor and control, and closing. Target for planning and executing.
Again, recommend reading lessons learned and getting after the exam simulator.

Thank you again PM PREPCAST
Dan Magnotta

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login