Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cleared PMP on 08/28

Cleared PMP on 08/28 6 years 8 months ago #1612

• Chandrasekhar Botcha
  • Chandrasekhar  Botcha's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi All,
I just created an account and this is the first time I am posting into this group. I have been a silent reader of all the posts and inspiring lessons learned. It has been a wealth of information to me as I have cleared my PMP with all your help.

I feel I should share my experience with PMP exam and the whole process.

I started this initiative in 2008 hearing about PMP certification from my PMO. To get 35 contact hrs I joined a training facility in New york spent $ 2400 - ridiclous and pathetic training. Never spoke about pratice exams. Conseqence I failed. Haa PMP is not an easy exam . Success is counted sweetest to me.

Blindly following just the training never paid to the attention of 3 attempts in one year. When I planned to retake the exam in 2009, PMP board did not allow me as per to their guide lines of wait time for 1 year.

My unfinished initative kept on bothering me, I once again applied in 2010 and need to follow the whole application process once again.

I was looking for material from PMP 4 edition, I came accross pm-prepcast by Cornelius Fichtner for $99. Amazing Product, the way he simplified ITTO with reasoning was too good, One such example is Develop schedule ITTO I can never forget. I purchased his PM- study coach but I never followed - thrown away my money there.

Books-

PMBOK the bible. PMBOK made sense to me after watching Cornelius videos. Rita Mulchay I read the whole book twice and also bought Fastrack. I also read Andy Crowe. After reading Andy Crowe's book I liked his style more than Rita's. I memorized most of the ITTO and also I suggest to.

Exams-

PMSTUDY1 (free) – 73%
PMSTUDY1 (free) – 72%
Oliverlehamann – 58 %
PMroadtrip – 71 %
Headfirst – 78 %
SuperPMP (fastrack) – 74%
Andy Crowe – 80%

PMStudy, Headfirst are similar to actual exam
Forums- How they supported me.

Study group is very essential when you are preparing for the PMP. Due to my hectic schedule I never found any patner, the only substitue was the forums

PMZilla too good. deepfriendbrainpmp - The best. For example his explanation on TCPI. Awesome Harvinder, Keep up the good stuff. project-management-prepcast by Cornelius Fitchner.

Final Exam Report on 08/28

Initiation – Moderately proficient.
Planning – Moderately proficient.
Execution – Moderately proficient.
Monitor and controlling – Below proficient.
Closing – Moderately proficient.
Professional and social responsibility – Below proficient.
And I Passed. I have no complains. I did it and I am happy for my efforts. I dedicate my success to my 19 month old daughter and to my wife who supported me.

Thank you to PMZilla, Cornelius(PM-prepcast) and Harvinder - (deepfriedbrainPMP)

Regards,

Sekhar, PMP
  • Page:
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasAhmed AminScott GillardMichael DeCiccoMary Kathrine PaduaERIC BARTLETTGail FreedmanKevin NasonSteven Mudrinich, PMPMark Wuenscher, PMPTracy Shagnea, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®