Welcome, Guest
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Cleared PMP on 08/28

Cleared PMP on 08/28 6 years 3 months ago #1612

• Chandrasekhar Botcha
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi All,
I just created an account and this is the first time I am posting into this group. I have been a silent reader of all the posts and inspiring lessons learned. It has been a wealth of information to me as I have cleared my PMP with all your help.

I feel I should share my experience with PMP exam and the whole process.

I started this initiative in 2008 hearing about PMP certification from my PMO. To get 35 contact hrs I joined a training facility in New york spent $ 2400 - ridiclous and pathetic training. Never spoke about pratice exams. Conseqence I failed. Haa PMP is not an easy exam . Success is counted sweetest to me.

Blindly following just the training never paid to the attention of 3 attempts in one year. When I planned to retake the exam in 2009, PMP board did not allow me as per to their guide lines of wait time for 1 year.

My unfinished initative kept on bothering me, I once again applied in 2010 and need to follow the whole application process once again.

I was looking for material from PMP 4 edition, I came accross pm-prepcast by Cornelius Fichtner for $99. Amazing Product, the way he simplified ITTO with reasoning was too good, One such example is Develop schedule ITTO I can never forget. I purchased his PM- study coach but I never followed - thrown away my money there.

Books-

PMBOK the bible. PMBOK made sense to me after watching Cornelius videos. Rita Mulchay I read the whole book twice and also bought Fastrack. I also read Andy Crowe. After reading Andy Crowe's book I liked his style more than Rita's. I memorized most of the ITTO and also I suggest to.

Exams-

PMSTUDY1 (free) – 73%
PMSTUDY1 (free) – 72%
Oliverlehamann – 58 %
PMroadtrip – 71 %
Headfirst – 78 %
SuperPMP (fastrack) – 74%
Andy Crowe – 80%

PMStudy, Headfirst are similar to actual exam
Forums- How they supported me.

Study group is very essential when you are preparing for the PMP. Due to my hectic schedule I never found any patner, the only substitue was the forums

PMZilla too good. deepfriendbrainpmp - The best. For example his explanation on TCPI. Awesome Harvinder, Keep up the good stuff. project-management-prepcast by Cornelius Fitchner.

Final Exam Report on 08/28

Initiation – Moderately proficient.
Planning – Moderately proficient.
Execution – Moderately proficient.
Monitor and controlling – Below proficient.
Closing – Moderately proficient.
Professional and social responsibility – Below proficient.
And I Passed. I have no complains. I did it and I am happy for my efforts. I dedicate my success to my 19 month old daughter and to my wife who supported me.

Thank you to PMZilla, Cornelius(PM-prepcast) and Harvinder - (deepfriedbrainPMP)

Regards,

Sekhar, PMP
Moderators: Yolanda Mabutas, Ahmed Amin, Scott Gillard, Michael DeCicco, Rahul Kakkar, Fernando Jr Sinlao Lim, Mary Kathrine Padua, Chris Preziotti, Lazard Toe, ITBMC, MPM, CIPM, PMP, ITIL, Christian Winter, Kevin Nason, Michael Sumaquial, PMP, Mark Wuenscher, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®