fbpx

Reply: Listening to the Agile PrepCast for Category C PDU

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Listening to the Agile PrepCast for Category C PDU

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
9 years 9 months ago #4332

Cornelius Fichtner

Jack,

It is an unusual request and I am not 100% sure how PMI feels about "splitting up" the PDUs you receive for a single course multiple re-certification cycles. Especially, since there is no official "partial credit" granted to you by The Agile PrepCast. (We give either all 37 PDUs or nothing on our certificate).

To be on the safe side, I would recommend the following approach, that is just a simple:
  • Go to www.pm-podcast.com/pdu and learn about the 30 free PDUs that I am offering here
  • Listen to at least 5 hours of The PM Podcast in the coming days. This is completely free. (You can either subscribe to the free podcast or simply hit "play" on the website).
  • Claim 5 Category C PDUs from The PM Podcast
  • Finish The Agile PrepCast later on and claim all 37 Category A PDUs that you earn from here in your next cycle.
This approach is much "cleaner" because you are not trying to divide up a course into multiple renewal cycles.
9 years 9 months ago #4330

Jack Calkins

Cornelius,

Thank you for your work on the Agile PrepCast!

I am a PMP. I'm very interested in Agile techniques but am not a practitioner in Agile projects at the moment. I hope to change that however, as I either become involved as a Business Owner on a development project or incorporate Agile Project Management techniques into my current infrastructure, portal and end-user computing support projects.

In any case, I am setting a goal for myself to sit for the PMI-ACP Exam.

As of Friday, I needed about 4 hours to complete my PDU goal of 60 hrs prior to this coming Thursday when the cycle expires.

I chose to purchase and listen to at least 5 hours of the Agile PrepCast while on the road this weekend to complete my 60 contact hour requirements.

Do you see any issues with claiming these 5 hours as Category C - Self Study hours provided that I don't claim them again at a later date when I complete the Agile PrepCast course?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login