fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed the exam on first try

Passed the exam on first try 9 years 1 week ago #5289

• Michael Waserman
  • Michael Waserman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
1. It takes about a couple of months to get prepared if you are working. I studied 3-4 hours every day during a week and 7-10 hours on weekends.
2. I listened to pm-prepcast home on my computer and on my iPhone during commute. I've never listened new topics on the phone, just repeated what I alread learned to improve knowledge.
3. Formula and 47 processes memorization is a must. It has to be done before you start taking the simulator exams. I did that after I was done with simulator and I regret it.
4. Exam simulator is a greatest tool if you use it properly. Review is absolutely necessary even if you get a passing score. I reviewed all incorrectly answered questions and all the questions that I was doubting. Review normaly took me 5-7 hours per one symulator exam.
5. I did not read PMBOK guide from A to Z as most of the people recommend. I just couldn't make myself to do it. I found PMBOK to be not so boring when use it as a reference while reviewing the symulator exam questions. I was also used a lot of Internet resources - Wikipedia, YouTube, articles, etc.
6. After 8 symulator exams (I did not have time for ITTO test) the actual exam did not seem to be very difficult. Exhausting- yes, but not super difficult. I also tried some free symulators on Internet but they are not up to prepcast standards. Prepcast exam symulator isn't free but it is so much better in terms of quality, correctness, spelling etc. It definitely worth every penny you pay for it. By the way I saved some money buying simulator because I bought a bundle- prepcast + exam symulator.

I would like to thank Cornelius for his wonderful product that helped me to advance my professional growth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anil
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login